Prepare your pattern pieces.
1. Click here for Baby Woodland Bib pattern. Print and cut out pattern.
2. Cut Bib Top pattern from orange owl print fabric.
3. Cut a rectangle from brown mushroom print measuring 7 ½” x 10 ½” (19 x 26.5 cm). This will become the Bib Bottom piece.
4. Use PeelnStick™ sheet to create a bunny shaped “fabric sticker”, using the illustration on the Bib Bottom as your stencil.
Hint: For detailed instructions about creating fabric stickers from PeelnStick™, click here.
5. Peel and stick bunny shaped fabric sticker on right hand side of the fabric rectangle cut during step 2.
6. Cut a piece of Heatnbond Vinyl slightly smaller than this rectangle.
7. Per packaging instructions, peel paper from Heatnbond Vinyl sheet, and place face down on the right side of the Bib Bottom fabric.
8. Press on wrong side of fabric to adhere.
9. Let cool, and cut one Bib Bottom from fabric on fold.
10. To create Bib Back pattern from pattern pieces, cut or fold on solid line to remove seam allowance. Join pattern paper pattern pieces by pinning or taping so that numbers 1 and 2 are aligned.
11. From turquoise woodland print fabric, cut one from new Bib Back pattern on fold.
Assemble Baby Woodland Bib.
1. Use Craft Clips to attach Bib Top and Bib Bottom front with right sides together, as shown.
2. Stitch with ¼” (0.5 cm) seam allowance.
3. Finger press seam open, and topstitch yellow rick rack just above seam.
4. Pin and clip Baby Woodland Bib front and back along edges with right sides together.
Hint: Use Craft Clips and not pins for Bib Bottom to avoid creating a puncture in vinylized fabric.
5. Sew along edges, leaving a 3” (7.5 cm) gap above where Top and Bottom Bib meet.
6. Turn right side out. Hand sew opening shut.
7. Peel and stick hook and loop tape pieces to each top edge of Bib, one on the front and one on the back.
8. Secure hook and loop tape by drawing stitching a square along the edges with an “X” shape in the center.