Prepare pattern pieces.
1. Follow cutting legend to cut A & B pieces from roll of black Fabric Creations Multi-Purpose Craft Material.
2. From scraps, cut C:
• Strips measuring ½” (1.3 cm)
• 2 triangular “ear shapes” per image (approximately 4” x 4” / 10 x 10 cm)
3. Using the rotary cutter, cut half circle from the centre of folded edge of A large enough to fit your head.
4. Unfold both B pieces and stack on top of eachother.
5. Trace a straight diagonal line starting 4” (10 cm) below the edge of the “wing” toward the bottom corner.
6. Draw five points, equally spaced, with help from your quilt ruler then use rotary cutter to cut out scoops between these markings, per image.
7. Sew B pieces together along long edge.
2. Sew Single Fold Bias Tape along both bottom edges of A, leaving a tail of 6” (15 cm) on each side.
3. Cut two pieces measuring 5” (12.7 cm) from Single Fold Bias Tape and sew to short sides of wing on each end, per image. (These are the thumb loops that will hold up your wings.)
Hint: Costume body is finished! To wear, place A piece over your head and tie front to back using tails.
Finish by creating bat ears.
1. Cover plain headband with black strips by wrapping them around from end to end using glue to secure.
2. Fold ear pieces toward their center to create a pleat, and wrap bottom of each piece around the top of the wrapped headband.
3. Glue in place, use clamps to hold while glue dries.