1. For a small to medium sized book, you will need just one fat quarter.
Hint: For a larger book, two fat quarters can be pieced together.
Create book cover pattern.
1. Open book on wrong side of fat quarter fabric.
2. Use Fast Fade marker to trace book.
3. Add 1” (2.5 cm) to top and bottom and 4” (10 cm) to each side.
1. Cut out traced cover pattern.
2. Hem short sides.
3. Fold down top and bottom by ½” (1.3 cm) and again by ½” (1.3 cm), ironing to secure.
4. Fold short sides toward the centre, at 3 3/8” (8.6 cm).
Hint: Before next step, place open book over cover to be sure it will fit inside and close.
Create and attach window.
1. Cut two rectangular pieces of HeatnBond Vinyl the same size.
Hint: Ours is 4” x 5” (10.2 x 12.7 cm).
2. Peel paper backing from both and place with adhesive sides together.
3. Using a pressing cloth (or scrap fabric) iron to bind two rectangles together.
5. Following the packaging instructions, peel paper backing from Peel n’ Stick tape and place along bottom three sides of window.
Hint: Cut Peel n’ Stick tape in half lengthwise.