1. Unpack cording.
2. Determine the number of coasters you would like to make.
3. Choose one skein of embroidery floss per coaster in complimentary colours.
Hint: one package of Creativ Décor cording will make three coasters.
3. Cut a length of cording measuring approximately 1 3/5 yds (1.5m) for your first coaster.
4. Tie a tight knot at one end of the cording.
5. Begin winding floss around unknotted end of cording unevenly, working your way toward the other end.
Hint: Consistency is not important here, feel free to wind the floss as densely or loosely as you see fit.
1. Once you have loosely covered at least 8” (20cm) of the cording with floss, wind the floss-covered end into a small swirl.
Hint: For best results, use a size 90 topstitching sewing machine needle.
2. Place the centre of the cord swirl under your sewing machine presser foot and sew where edges of the cording meet using a multi-step zig-zag stitch.
Hint: wind the floss as you sew, 8” (20cm) at a time, to avoid tangling the floss and cord.
3. Snip floss when you are approximately 20” (51cm) from the knotted end and continue to wind and sew the cord until you reach the knot.
Hint: Don’t forget to backstitch at the beginning and end!
4. Repeat the process for the remaining coasters.