Prepare your pattern pieces.
1. Click here for Eyelashes Sleeping Mask pattern.
2. Print and cut out pattern.
3. Cut a rectangular piece of satin large enough to generously incorporate the Eyelashes Sleeping Mask pattern and then cut a slightly smaller rectangle of Fusible Fleece.
4. With adhesive side facing the wrong side of the satin, iron to attach.
5. Cut a piece of felt large enough to generously incorporate the “eyelashes” from Eyelashes Sleeping Mask pattern and a slightly smaller piece of HeatnBond Ultra Hold.
6. With adhesive side facing the felt, iron to attach.
7. Use Fast Fade Marker to trace and cut Eyelashes Sleeping Mask pattern from satin rectangle with fleece backing and again from flannel.
8. Trace and cut “eyelashes” from felt with HeatnBond backing.
Assemble Eyelashes Sleeping Mask.
1. Measure the circumference of your head from your left-hand side temple back around to your right-hand side temple. Subtract 1” (2.5 cm) from this measurement. Cut a length of black elastic to this length.
2. Place Eyelashes Sleeping Mask pattern pieces with right sides together, and clip to hold in place.
3. Pin elastic between fabrics on the left and right-hand sides of the mask (as shown).
Hint: Make sure the elastic is not twisted.
4. Leaving a 2 ½” (6 cm) gap along the top edge of the mask, machine sew around edges at a ¼” (0.5 cm) seam allowance.
5. Turn mask right side out.
6. Press mask.
7. Peel paper backing from “eyelashes”, and place then press as shown to attach.
8. Hand stitch opening along top edge to close.