1. Collect fabric scraps in various sizes, in addition to the items listed above.
Hint: No scrap is too small for this project!
Create keychain tab.
1. Cut a length of pre-folded Extra Wide Bias Tape. You will need 2” (5 cm) per keychain.
2. Topstitch along both edges of the bias tape so that the fold is shut.
Hint: This will attach your fabric keychain to your key ring.
Create decorative scrap blocks.
1. Following the instructions on the packaging, iron to attach Heatnbond Featherlite to the wrong sides of a few pieces of scrap fabric.
Hint: Be sure to leave some pieces measuring at least 2” x 2” (5 x 5 cm) without Heatnbond backing.
2. Cut scraps with Heatnbond backing into various shapes of your choosing, like triangles, measuring no less than ½” (1 cm) squared.
3. Peel paper backing from small shapes, and arrange on a larger piece of scrap fabric, measuring at least 2” x 2” (5 x 5 cm).
4. Gently iron without steam to attach pieces to the right side of the fabric.
5. Stitch along the edges of your shapes to secure, using either a straight or zigzag stitch.
6. Add detail with Fabric Markers.
7. Cut a piece of Heatnbond Vinyl measuring slightly smaller than your fabric block.
8. Peel paper backing from Heatnbond Vinyl, and place with adhesive side facing the right side of your fabric.
9. Iron to secure with the wrong side of the fabric facing the iron.
1. Add Heatnbond Vinyl to another scrap piece measuring at least the same size as your block.
Hint: This will be the back of your keychain.
2. Place your block and vinylized scrap with wrong sides together and cut to desired shape.
3. Use Craft Clips to attach layers, and sandwich one tab between pieces. To finish, top stitch along the edge.
Hint: Attach your new key chain to your keys with a key ring, and repeat as desired!