1. Collect fabric scraps.
Hint: Pieces measuring at least 3” x 18” (7.5 x 46 cm) and larger work best. If you only have smaller scraps, consider piecing them together on the sewing machine to achieve this length.
2. Cut pieces into strips measuring 3” (7.5 cm) wide and up to 25” (63.5 cm) long.
3. Cut elastic to 5 ½” (14 cm) for each scrunchie.
1. Cut two matching strips to equal length and place with right sides together.
Hint: Use two different fabric strips for a two-toned scrunchie.
2. Sew along both long sides at ¼” (0.4 cm) seam allowance.
3. Turn out fabric tubes.
4. Attach safety pin to one end to guide elastic through fabric tube.
5. Overlap elastic ends and sew (by hand or machine) to secure.
6. Finish by folding in raw edges and joining tube ends by hand sewing shut.