1. In addition to supplies above you will need a handful of stuffing or scrap fabric.
Prepare strawberry pieces.
1. Cut rectangle from red felt measuring 5” x 2 ½” (12.5 x 6.4 cm) for each strawberry. Fold in half width-wise and round edges for a half oval shape.
2. Cut a green star-like shape measuring approximately 2” x 2” (5 x 5 cm) for each strawberry.
Hint: One sheet of red felt will make up to five strawberries.
1. Fold one red piece in half, with straight edges together.
2. Using a large-eyed hand sewing needle and matching red floss, hand stitch along open straight edge.
3. Turn berry right side out so that the stitches are now inside.
4. Thread needle with beige coloured floss and knot end.
5. Beginning from the inside of the strawberry, sew small seed shaped lines by weaving needle in and out of strawberry sides in parallel lines.
6. When strawberry is sufficiently seedy, knot end on inside.
7. Insert stuffing.
8. Gather strawberry opening tightly and secure with a knot, using red embroidery floss.
9. Finish by hand stitching strawberry top (actually called the calyx) in place.