1. In addition to the supplies above, you will need medium loft quilt batting and a hot water bottle to cover.
1. Measure a rectangle outside of the Hot Water Bottle ½” (1.3 cm) larger than the outside edges.
2. Cut, using measurements from Step 1:
• 1 rectangle from each of the two floral print fabrics
• 1 rectangle from contrasting fabric
• 2 rectangles from batting
Hint: One floral piece will be the front, and the other will be the back of your cover.
3. Cut: 2 strips 3” (7.5 cm) wide from contrasting fabric measuring the width measurement from Step 1.
4. Press (with iron) each strip lengthwise.
Assemble Hot Water Bottle Cover.
1. Cut backing fabric and backing batting piece across width at 5 ½” (14 cm).
2. Stack batting pieces with matching backing pieces and sew folded strips to one side with right sides facing.
4. Stack remaining batting piece and front cover piece with right sides facing to both back pieces. Secure with clips.
Hint: Strips should overlap in the centre – this will be the opening for the water bottle.
5. Sew along outside edges at ¼” (0.6 cm) seam allowance.
Embellish Hot Water Bottle Cover.
1. Per packing instructions, adhere HeatnBond Ultra to back of contrasting fabric.
2. Print cozy Hot Water Bottle message.
Hint: We chose “Don’t worry be cozy” in Bebas Neue font from http://www.dafont.com in size 200.
3. With right side of print out facing paper side, cut out letters.