1. In addition to the supplies above, you will need a pumpkin of any size.
Hint: For buttons and ribbons, choose a common colour scheme that will contrast with the colour of your pumpkin. We chose brown and green.
1. Start by pinning the end of your first ribbon to the top of your pumpkin with a flower head pin.
2. Apply glue to the back of the ribbon then smooth ribbon over pumpkin, contouring the side in a straight line. Then, pin to bottom to secure and trim excess.
Hint: Choosing a repeating pattern of eight or so ribbons will simplify your design.
3. Continue to apply ribbons around the pumpkin according to your design. Stop when you reach the first ribbon.
4. Once glue is dry, remove all pins.
Hint: To secure buttons, apply glue to the back and secure with a pin through button holes.