1. In addition to supplies listed above, you will need a staple gun, and wooden frame measuring at least 8 ½” x 11” (21.6 x 28 cm).
2. Cut a piece of denim fabric approximately 2” (5 cm) larger on all sides than the wooden frame.
3. Print and cut out a free stencil or clip art in the silhouette of your choosing, measuring less than 8 ½” x 11” (21.6 x 28 cm).
4. Cut enough strips measuring 1 ¼” (3cm) wide (or half lengthwise of the jelly roll) to cover the width of your stencil.
Hint: Different fabrics in a coordinating theme or bundle work best.
1. Cut piece of HeatnBond Ultra large enough to cover your cut out stencil.
2. With adhesive side of HeatnBond facing the wrong side of the fabric, iron strips side by side.
Hint: To cover entire surface of HeatnBond with Fabric strips without overlapping pieces, iron strips carefully one at a time.
3. Trace stencil on paper side of HeatnBond and cut out.
Apply silhouette and finish canvas
1. Peel paper backing from silhouette.
2. Place with adhesive side in the centre of the denim fabric. Iron to secure.
3. On the wrong side of the denim, centre the wood frame.
4. Fold excess fabric at the top of the frame over to the back side of the frame. Use staple gun along the top edge of the frame to secure in place.
Hint: When you reach the corner of the frame, fold in excess fabric as if you are gift-wrapping. Staple where fabric meets to secure.
5. Continue by repeating on the bottom edge of the frame. This time, pull the fabric taught so that the canvas is stretched.
6. Repeat on both sides.